Blog

Indian Lawmaker pleads ‘Don’t allow next Doklam after China seizes over 50 km land in Arunachal

New Delhi, Nov 20 : National Security Advisor Ajit Doval has failed to deliver and so is Indian PM Narendra Modi on securing the borders of India as a lawmaker of the ruling party (Bharatiya Janata Party) from Arunachal Pradesh told Parliament that China has encroached on around 60 km of the state’s land and warned that the next Doklam could happen in the northeastern state.

It is not the first time that China has trespassed into Indian territory in Arunachal but the Narendra Modi led government wants to divert the attention of the people of India from its failures and abrogated Article 370 in Kashmir and demoted the status of Jammu and Kashmir to a union territory.

BJP member Tapir Gao told Lok Sabha on Tuesday during zero hour that whenever President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Home Minister Amit Shah visit Arunachal Pradesh, Beijing always raises objections.

“I request the House and media to voice protest against this,” he said.

“If a repeat of Doklam takes place, it will happen in Arunachal Pradesh because China has encroached 50-60 km area of the state,” he said, urging the government to take necessary steps.

When Defence Minister Rajnath Singh visited the border area of Tawang last Thursday for the Maitree Divas celebration to boost civil-military friendship, the Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman said in Beijing: “The Chinese government never acknowledged the so-called Arunachal Pradesh.”

China considers Arunachal Pradesh as part of south Tibet.

In September, Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) constructed a wooden bridge at Doimru Nallah inside the Indian territory near Chaglagam in Anjaw district in the frontier state.

Gao said that the Chinese carry out such constructions very often to move into the Indian side.
Earlier, too there have been several instances when Chinese troops had crossed over to the Indian territory as it continues to lay claim over the frontier state but Indian government is busy in marketing their schemes which are just on paper and curshing eaxh and every voice of disent that comes in.

Earlier in September, the Arunachal MP had said that the Chinese Army intruded into Arunachal Pradesh’s remote Anjaw district and constructed a bridge over a stream.
On January 2018, PLA troopers had entered India through the Tutin sector in Upper Siang district leading to face-off with the Indian security forces. Chinese soldiers had moved almost 1.25 km inside the imaginary Line of Actual Control.

Explained : DOKLAM

The over 70-day Doklam standoff between the troops of India and China took place in 2017 in Doklam trijunction of Bhutan-India-China. The stand-off took place after China attempted to extend a road in the Doklam area, to which the Indian personnel objected.

India issued a statement of the disengagement between the two sides. After over 24 hours after India and China announced an end to their military stand-off in the Doklam region, New Delhi confirmed that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will travel to China to attend the BRICS Summit from September 3 to 5.

While neither side confirmed whether China has indeed committed to halting its road construction in the Doklam area, which was the bone of contention.

Without providing a direct response on whether it had stopped the road construction in Doklam, Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying at a press briefing has said “China will take into consideration all relevant factors, including the weather, while building it. In order to meet the needs of defending borders, improving living conditions, China has long engaged in infrastructure development, including the road construction.”

Hua said Chinese border troops will continue to station and patrol the Doklam area. “We will continue to exercise our sovereignty with historic conventions,” Hua said.

“So far, we have resolved the issue of illegal trespass of the Indian troops,” she said.

Hua said: “Peaceful resolution of the issue through diplomatic channels serves the common interests of all relevant parties.” She said it showed “the sincerity and responsible attitude of China as a major country.”

In a report published next day in the People’s Daily, the mouthpiece of the Chinese Communist Party, suggested the disengagement was a “win-win”. It even commented the “the Age of Hegemony has become history”, but was silent on whether China has committed to halting its road construction.

The report, headlined “Dong Lang stand-off peacefully resolved via diplomatic means”, harped on India having pulled back all its “trespassing border personnel and equipment” from Doklam, which the Chinese call Dong Lang, ending the two-month long military stand-off “triggered by India’s illegal incursion”.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top