News

No Chinese visas to Indians for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra after Ladakh move

New Delhi, Aug 7 : China has stopped granting visas to a group of Indians who were planning to undertake the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra on Wednesday after India revoked Jammu and Kashmir’s special status and decided to make Ladakh a new union territory .

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said in a statement: “China always opposes India’s inclusion of Chinese territory in the western section of the China-India boundary under its administrative jurisdiction.”

“This position is firm and consistent and has never changed. The recent unilateral revision of domestic laws by the Indian side continues to undermine China’s territorial sovereignty, which is unacceptable and will not have any effect,” she added.

India firmly rejected China’s stand – the first time the country publicly voiced its claim on parts of Ladakh in years – calling it an “internal matter”.

China on Tuesday asked both India and Pakistan to exercise restraint and voicing “serious concern” over the situation in Kashmir.

Hours after China’s statement, MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said that India never comments on the internal affairs of other countries and similarly it expects other countries to do likewise.

Kumar mentioned that India and China had agreed to maintain peace and tranquillity along their border until a mutually acceptable solution is found on the issue.

“So far as the India-China Boundary Question is concerned, the two sides have agreed to a fair, reasonable and mutually acceptable settlement of the boundary question on the basis of the Political Parameters and Guiding Principles for the Settlement of India-China Boundary Question. Pending such a settlement, both sides have agreed to maintain peace and tranquillity in the border areas on the basis of the relevant agreements,” ANI quoted Kumar as saying.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top